Mother & Baby Pilates
Brand New Class starting In the New Year, January 2021
This Mother and Baby Pilates class is designed with you in mind, postnatal recovery is your journey
and it's never too late to start and what a better way to start with your little one.
One of the wonderful things about this Pilates class is for you to meet other likeminded mothers,
not to have to worry about childcare and for you to be able to fit in some fitness.
Miss Samantha will work at a comfortable, safe and gentle pace for everyone creating a warm and
friendly atmosphere for you to feel relaxed. If you need to attend to your baby during the class this is absolutely fine.
The Benefits of Postnatal Pilates:
* Reduces and prevents backache
* Aids healing of Diastasis Recti (abdominal separation)
* Improves deep core muscles
* Strengthens the pelvic floor muscles weakened by pregnancy
* Helps gain muscle tone and flexibility
* Increases energy levels
* Improves sleep quality
* Improves general wellbeing and confidence, making you feel good
* Educates you about the changes to your body
* Babies are welcome from 6 weeks* until they are crawling
* If you have a new crawler who would be happy to stay close to you, please bring some toys to keep them entertained
* Following a caesarean it is advised to wait between 10-12 weeks, however if you feel ready at 8 weeks and your GP has approved for you to exercise sooner then you are more than welcome to join
* Please bring your own Mat and if you have a Pilates Ball you are more than welcome to bring this along too
(We do sell mats in our SBSD Dance Shop)
Click Video to Play